Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trailer Tuesday - Cracks (2009)


I've recently watched this independent British film, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Directed by Ridley Scott's daughter, Jordan Scott, Cracks is brilliant and a little disturbing at times. I can totally relate it since I attended an all-girls school.

Plot Summary:
Within the confines of a strict, all-girls English boarding school (circa 1930s), a clique students participate on the swim team not only to pass the time, but to be close to their swimming instructor, the enigmatic, yet charismatic, Miss G (Eva Green). While Miss G originally encourages their idolization and crack (crush) on her, the teachers attention is quickly focused on the arrival of an exotic and beautiful Spanish foreign pupil, Fiamma (MarĂ­a Valverde). As the new girl rebuffs her classmates, and further rejects Miss G's interest, her teammates begin to grow jealous of Miss G's fascination with Fiamma, and resent the latter disdain of their instructor, accumulating in the inexplicable disappearance of Fiamma. [Source]

Cracks (2009) stars Eva Green, Maria Valverde, Juno Temple and Imogen Poots. I definitely recommend this film to anyone who's looking for something different from the usual Hollywood movies. Check out the trailer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)