Thursday, April 29, 2010

TV Thursday - The Secret Life of the American Teenager


The Secret Life of the American Teenager is a teen drama tv show on ABC Family. Premiered on 1 July 2008, the show's second season started on 22 June 2009. It's been renewed for a third season, and it will start on 7 June 2010.

The show focuses on Amy Juergens, played by Shailene Woodley, who became pregnant after a one-night-stand at a summer band camp. She kept it as a secret in the beginning, and the story shows how she has to deal with peer pressure and handling her pregnancy.


The show stars India Eisley, Kenny Baumann, Daren Kagasoff, Fancia Raisa, Megan Park, Greg Finley II, and Jorge Pallo, with a special appearance by Molly Ringwald as Anne Juergens, Amy's mother.

The show has been slammed by critics and viewers alike because it focuses on sex. IMHO, if you take it negatively, of course you'll see the negative side of it. Try and put yourself in Amy's shoes. What if you're pregnant when you're 16?

Check out the trailer!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Debbs! Ida has been pestering me to watch this and I do watch it on the Hallmark channel when I get the chance.. It's pretty good Debbs. I just have too much on my MT-ing plate right now! LOL! :) Maybe when the shows I watch are on a break, I'll check this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I might check it out too, Shem! I was just worried it might be too teen-ish for me hehe..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is a little bit teen-ish.. but good to watch. the plot is there lah.. but then i don't follow diligently. so can't really say also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard of this one Debbs but i like Molly Ringwall. Great review Debbs.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)