Monday, June 28, 2010

MM - Can't Get Enough by Rooney


Rooney is an American band from Los Angeles. Rooney's music is said to be reminiscent of British Invasion rock and 1980s pop.

The band includes Robert Schwartzman, Louie Stephens, Ned Brower, Taylor Locke and Brandon Schwartzel. They have toured with the likes of Jonas Brothers, Weezer, Kelly Clarkson, The Strokes, and The All-American Rejects, to name a few.

Rooney had a cameo in an episode of The O.C. in 2004. Their songs were used in several commercials and other tv shows such as Gossip Girl, All My Children, Beauty and the Geek, and Nancy Drew.


Rooney has recently released an album called Eureka on 8 June 2010. The album has been self-produced by the band under their own label, California Dreaming Records. Eureka has been released on CD, digital format, vinyl and a deluxe digital edition featuring 4 bonus tracks.

The first single from Eureka is called I Can't Get Enough. Here's a video of their performance at Brooklyn Bridge Park in New York on 20 May 2010, shot by Baeblemusic.com. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey debbs!! If I didn't read your article, I wouldn't have known that Rooney was an American group. I would've thought they were Brits! :D

    Good choice! It's always refreshing to listen to new music! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)