Thursday, March 4, 2010

TV Thursday - The Vampire Diaries

Vampires is probably still one of the hottest trending topic this season, so why not welcome another teen tv series about the blood-sucking creatures? Premiered on 10 September 2009, The Vampire Diaries adds to the history of teenage tv series. Brought to us by Kevin Williamson, the screenwriter for movies Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Faculty, and the popular television series Dawson’s Creek, The Vampire Diaries promises to be different from other teen series.

Stars of The Vampire Diaries - Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder

The principal cast of The Vampire Diaries includes Nina Dobrev as Elena Gilbert, Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore, and Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore. Other cast includes Steven R. McQueen, Sara Canning, Katerina Graham, Candice Accola, Zach Roerig, Kayla Ewell, Michael Trevino and Chris William Martin.

The series is based on The Vampire Series novels by L. J. Smith. However, the television series has changed various things in the show compared to the novels, which include name changes for the place and characters, the relationship of the characters, and also how some of the characters are different in the show than they are in the books.

The plot episode has received mixed reviews. I’ve seen episode 1 to 14 of Season 1 and I'm loving it. Well, I’m easy to please, and the vampires are hot! Watch the teaser trailer and let me know what you think!

The Vampire Diaries season 2 will return on 9 September 2010, on CW.

5 comments:

  1. I still haven't watched VD! But I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to start watching the series Debbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ane! Remember you commented here before? I don't know how but it went missing after I tweaked my layout. Sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's okay Debbs! I can always comment again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for more comments! Thanks Ane! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)