Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Way Back (2010) Movie Review

The Way Back (2010)

The Way Back (2010) was one of the movies that I've watched recently, and loved. Loved it so much that I watched it more than once.

There are many reasons why I love this movie. Forgive me but if you're looking for a professional review, I won't give you that. Instead, this is an amateur, strictly non-serious review from a movie fan.

I love Jim Sturgess and Saoirse Ronan. Loved them from the very beginning I saw them in their respective movies. I've never been a fan of Colin Farrell, but he was awesome in this movie.

I've always loved movies based on real life events, and this movie touched my heart. It's about how faith is always there, and all we need to do is to feel it and just never stop hoping. It's about appreciating how peaceful our country is, and how we can go anywhere without any restrictions, and it's about appreciating what we have.

I also love movies that are more than 2 hours long. I am weird like that.

If you like survival movies, mixed with some adventure, you'll enjoy The Way Back (2010), directed by Peter Weir (Dead Poets Society (1989), The Truman Show (1998)).

Cast:
Jim Sturgess as Janusz Wieszczek, a young Polish inmate taken Prisoner of War during the Soviet invasion of Poland
Colin Farrell as Valka, a tough Russian inmate.
Ed Harris as Mr. Smith, an American inmate.
Saoirse Ronan as Irena, an orphaned teenage Polish girl on the run from Soviet Russia who meets up with the fugitives near a lake.
Mark Strong as Khabarov
Dragoş Bucur as Zoran
Gustaf Skarsgård as Voss


[Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)