Saturday, March 6, 2010

Who is Ben Barnes?

Ben Barnes or his real name Benjamin Thomas Barnes was born in London, England on the 20th August 1981. The gorgeous actor has been acting in several television series and films. He’s probably best known as Prince Caspian in The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008).

He has also appeared in other films such as Stardust (2007) starring Claire Danes, Charlie Cox, and Rupert Everett, Bigga Than Ben (2008), and Easy Virtue (2008), opposite Colin Firth and Jessica Biel.

Last year, we saw Ben Barnes playing the infamous fictional character Dorian Gray, based on Oscar Wilde’s 1891 novel, The Picture of Dorian Gray. The film also stars Colin Firth, Rebecca Hall, Ben Chaplin, Emilia Fox, Rachel Hurd-Wood, and Caroline Goodall. The film was released in the UK on 9 September 2009.

Dorian goes on this journey from innocence through depravity, into this desolate part of his life when he’s experienced everything - it hasn’t left a mark on him and he’s kind of bored and desperate.

That journey was a great opportunity for an actor but, to try to inject that journey with some empathy for the character - because if you don’t care about the character you don’t care about the film - and so, to try to make watching it not just seem like a car crash was the real challenge for me. - Barnes on the challenge of playing Dorian Gray

Ben Barnes will be seen next in Locked In (2010, previous working title was Valediction), alongside Sarah Roemer, Eliza Dushku, and Johnny Whitworth.

We shall be seeing him in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010), as King Caspian, alongside Georgie Henley as Lucy Pevensie, Skandar Keynes as Edmund Pevensie, and Liam Neeson as the voice of Aslan. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is scheduled to open on 10 December 2010.

Ben Barnes will also be seen in Killing Bono (2011), based on Neil McCormick Memoir: Killing Bono: I Was Bono's Doppelgänger.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see Killing Bono! :D and I know my kids will love to watch The Chronicles of Narnia... :)

    I have a hard time associating him with any other character except Prince Caspian... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Narnia! :):) I haven't watched Dorian Gray but I want to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Debbs and Ane.. Syura said Dorian Gray is pretty good! In fact I'm watching it tonight! :) I wanna see Locked In.. I hope it's any good.. 'coz I like Sarah Roemer.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)