Monday, March 29, 2010

Music Monday - Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

Nirvana (1987-1994)
Nirvana was an American grunge band, lead and formed by singer/guitarist Kurt Cobain and bassist Krist Novoselic in Aberdeen, Washington in 1987, with Dave Grohl (who later formed Foo Fighters in 1995) as their drummer.

This song, Smells Like Teen Spirit is taken from Nirvana's second album, Nevermind (1991). 1991 was the year when Guns N' Roses released their album too, which includes Don't Cry, featured on my other blog.

It's really sad that Kurt Cobain died in April 1994. If he's still alive today, he'd definitely rock harder than the newer, younger mainstream bands. Rest in peace.

Enjoy the song and sing along! Happy Music Monday! :)

p/s. This song is dedicated to my grungy-at-heart-and-mind buddy, Shemah. Go visit her at JustPressPlay!


Lyrics | Smells Like Teen Spirit lyrics


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.


PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. Wuaaahh!! This was my teen angst emo rock anthem!! LMAO!! I even asked my brother to teach me this song on the guitar!! LOL!

    Yeahh Kurt Cobain was so the man!! RIP!! Love Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters too!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Yay! Glad I picked the right song yay!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know of Nirvana and the other rock groups and know of their songs, but I was never really a rocker chic... :D

    I like a lot of bands though and I definitely like all kinds of music... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy MM Shemah and Debbs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ane! You're so universal! I like a lot of bands too, but I have a few absolute favourites like Silverchair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Music is like a language Debbs, and I guess I'm lucky to be one of those people who can adapt to the changing beat.. :P But, I am definitely more of an 80's chic.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)