Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Who is Justin Bieber?

Well who is this kid? Justin Bieber is a Canadian. I seriously thought he's an American. Born on 1 March 1994 in Stratford, Ontario, he is a self-taught guitar, piano, percussion and trumpet player.

His popularity started on YouTube, when his mom posted a video of him singing Ne-Yo's So Sick in a singing competition in Stratford. Apparently he won second place in that competition. Justin Bieber continued singing various R&B songs on video and his mom uploaded them on YouTube, building his fan base on the website.

Justin Bieber has 2 albums so far, named My World and My World 2.0, with tours following each album, Urban Behavior Tour in 2009 and My World Tour in 2010. He was also the opening act for Taylor Swift's Fearless Tour in the UK in 2009.

What's with Justin Bieber and why is he so popular? I seriously don't know. Maybe to teens and tweens, he's cute, he can dance, he can sing, he's a celeb, he's friends with the Jonas Brothers; I don't know. This teen heartthrob has been sweeping the nation with his popular songs, Baby, One Less Lonely Girl and Love Me, to name a few.


I read about him and just found out that Usher actually gave him a Range Rover for his 16th birthday earlier this year. I was like, wow! He's only 16 and when he's old enough to get hold of all his money, he probably won't have to worry about how to pay for his college education, cars, houses or even little things like Pontiac accessories.

Just for the record, I have nothing against Justin Bieber. Talents are getting younger and younger these days. I just hope these young celebrities will be able to keep cool under pressure and keep their feet on the ground.

Good luck to you, Justin! :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't get JBeebs. One thing more annoying to me than his hair flick is the brain itch his songs give me.

    But all in all, I think he's alright.. He looks like a good kid and good for him to make something out of himself and make a better living for him and his mom.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)