Thursday, March 4, 2010

Who is Jonathan Rhys Meyers?

I remember watching him for the first time in Bend It Like Beckham. I didn’t pay much attention to him then, but look at him now! I just found out that Jonathan Rhys Myers has acted in many films and tv shows, including Elvis, Mission: Impossible III, Alexander, and Match Point, but his most notable role was probably as a bisexual glam rock icon named Brian Slade in Velvet Goldmine, where he starred alongside Ewan McGregor, Christian Bale and Toni Collette.

Did you know that he can sing, too? Apparently,he is a self-taught singer and guitarist. Two of the songs he sang in Velvet Goldmine were included in the film soundtrack. He’s getting sexier by the minute, isn’t he? Now wait for this, he is also a model! He has been in various campaigns, such as the Autumn/Winter 2006 and Spring 2007 men’s collection for Versace and also for Hugo Boss men’s fragrance range since 2005.

Rhys Meyers has been romantically linked to the likes of Toni Collette, Asia Argento and fashion model, Lisa Butcher. Quite a ladies’ man, I must say. Ladies, I believe he is currently single! However, Rhys Meyers has an alcohol addiction problem and he has just checked out of rehab in mid-March this year. Talk about being a bad, bad boy!



Rhys Meyers is plays King Henry VIII, the protagonist in the sensational tv series, The Tudors, alongside the gorgeous Henry Cavill. The show has been the talk of the town ever since it started in 2007. It was also mentioned by Blake Lively’s character, Serena Van Der Woodsen in one of the episodes in Gossip Girl season 2.

He can be seen in From Paris With Love (2010), alongside John Travolta. He is rumored to be in At Swim-Two-Birds, directed by Brendan Gleeson. If he gets the role, he will be acting opposite Colin Farrell, Cillian Murphy, Gabriel Byrne and also Brendan Gleeson himself. They're all Irish!

Ah, enough of this sexy Irish lad, for now that is!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I recognized him! I saw him on one of the Hugo Boss' ads... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Ane! I love Hugo Boss, but C's using a different brand now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)