Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trailer Tuesday - Winter's Bone (2010)

Winter's Bone (2010) was the winner of the Sundance Grand Jury Prize for U.S. Dramatic Film. Directed and written by Debra Granik, the movie stars Jennifer Lawrence, John Hawkes, Kevin Breznahan, Dale Dickey, Garret Dillahunt, Shelley Waggeners, and Lauren Sweetser.

Winter's Bone (2010) is about an unflinching Ozark Mountain girl hacks through dangerous social terrain as she hunts down her drug-dealing father while trying to keep her family intact. [Source] It is based on Daniel Woodrell's novel of the same name.

I saw the trailer and I'm enticed to watch this movie. I love a movie with actors that are not familiar to me, as I won't have any other movies to refer to and therefore, I'll be able to see if they're really talented.

Winter's Bone (2010) will be released on 11 June 2010. Enjoy the trailer!

3 comments:

  1. Oh we talked about this movie on the golden briefcase the other day. I think this was Tim or Jeremy's pick of the week. They said it was really good and a breakthrough performance by Jennifer Lawrence. So i'm keeping my eyes peeled out for this one.

    Although I doubt it'll show here.. indie films like these seldom get to our shores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah my thoughts exactly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)