Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday Trailer - Clash of the Titans (2010)

This is one of the movies that I'd like to watch this year. It's a remake of the 1981 film of the same name. I really hope it's going to be really good.

I love Liam Neeson as Zeus, and Sam Worthington is an awesome actor himself. I'm also looking forward to seeing the handsome Mads Mikkelsen and the gorgeous Gemma Arterton in this movie. We shall also be seeing Ralph Fiennes in action!

Clash of the Titans (2010) is directed by Louis Leterrier, the director of Transporter 2 (2005), Unleashed (2005), and my favourite, The Incredible Hulk (2008), starring Edward Norton.

Sam Worthington as Perseus
Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Sam Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Ralph Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Liam Neeson) and unleash hell on earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny. [Source]


Liam Neeson as Zeus

The film was originally set for a standard release on 26 March 2010, but it was recently announced to be converted to 3D and is set to release on 2 April 2010.

Gemma Arterton as Io

Enjoy the trailer!



22 comments:

  1. OMG Debbs!! Do you know that I am a Greek Mythology geek?! I took special classes on Greek Mythology in College because I was obsessed with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Ane! It's SOOOO cool that you get to go to that class! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. However, I have a few issues with this movie... #1. Perseus is Zeus' son. Why would he want to take his powers?

    #2. Hades is not a vengeful God.. That's a misconception. He's just the strong, silent scary type.. :P But really, he's more forgiving and merciful than Zeus!

    #3. What the hell is Io even doing in this movie? Zeus turned her into a heifer because Zeus loved her and tried to hide her from Hera, unless she's a different Io, but there is only 1 famous Io in Greek Myth.. And according to myth, Io is Hercules' great great great grandma... :P

    #4. Perseus is a hero and would never, under any circumstance, stand against Zeus.

    #5 Zeus may be a womanizer but he'd never release the titans, he's not that evil, he trapped them because they were a menace and would never unleash them on the world ever again.

    LOL! OMG! I am such a geek!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would just torture myself if I saw this movie and have to point out every error! :D LOL and B would say, "it's a freaking movie, stop criticizing and looking for errors and just enjoy it"... :D

    Very cool effects though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Debbs, I am so sorry for the long comment.. :D hehehe I am such a geek and I get all blabby and excited when things/topics I love come my way.. hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ane, the movie is loosely based on the Greek mythology, so there's room for different interpretations, I guess! But it would be interesting to hear your take on it once you've watched it. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry about it, Ane! :) I LOVE your comments! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehehe thanks Debbs! am glad you LOVE my comments! :D

    I gotta watch this film! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahahaha Thanks for the Greek Mythology lesson, Ane! :) I learned a thing or two.. or five.. today!! LOL! I LOVE learning new stuff.. So thanks Ane! Like Debbs saidm it's cool you got to take a Greek mythology class.

    I guess mythology allows a lot of different interpretations because it's non factual. I really can't wait to see this, Debbs! Sam worthington looks so awesome in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I know but once you get yourself immersed in the myth and how the stories supposedly went, it's hard to accept changes.. :D especially if it contradicts the old stories! :D you know? :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when you ladies comment on my blog. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand what you mean, Ane. When we're passionate about it, say this Greek mythology topic, we prefer the original history/myths than a new one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exactly Debbs... :D hard to shake it off.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeahh.. i know what you mean, ane!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. terima kasih singgah MM denaihati. Selalu nampak di FB tapi tak ada topik nak tegur. Semuga sukses dengan new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Denaihati, thanks for dropping by! Kalau sudi, tegur2 la kat Twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi there deb.. thanks for dropping by to my site.. hope to see you there more often :-)
    well i haven't been to the movies lately.. it's a good thing you have put up this blog about films and celebrities right here.. now i look forward to going out to the movies with my hubby pretty soon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Meretrisha! Thanks for dropping by! :) Hope you'll find some interesting reads here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow i did not know Ane was so into Greek mythology. Very informative Ane. I might go see this because it looks interesting. Thanks for the update Debbs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Bill, thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. very cool, I so need to see some adult movies

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Kristen, thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)