Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Who is Michael Sheen?

Michael Sheen is no doubt, one of the most versatile actors I know. I just love how different he seems in person compared to his film roles.

Underworld (2003), Kingdom of Heaven (2005), Underworld: Evolution (2006), Blood Diamond (2006), Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009), and The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009) were just a few of his movies that I've watched and enjoyed.

In 2009 alone, he has starred in 4 movies, where he was nominated for Satellite Award for Best Actor - Motion Picture Drama for The Damned United (2009).

This year, you may have seen him as White Rabbit in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (2010), alongside Mia Wasikowska, Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp and Anne Hathaway.

We shall be seeing more of Michael Sheen in Tron Legacy (2010), alongside Jeff Bridges, John Hurt, Garrett Hedlund, and Olivia Wilde.

Goodness! After I watched the first official teaser trailer for Tron Legacy (2010) on my buddy Shemah's blog, Just Press Play, I was in awe. I am in awe. It's terrific! If you haven't watched it, go ahead and watch it here.

Michael Sheen will also be seen in several other films this year, namely Beautiful Boy (2010) and The Special Relationship (2010), as Tony Blair. He is rumoured to be in Underworld 4 (2011), so that will be another exciting film to anticipate!

Random Fact: Sheen was offered a trial at Arsenal FC after being spotted by Tony Adams's father during a family holiday, but he chose to pursue acting.

8 comments:

  1. I looove Michael Sheen I think he's brilliant! You should watch Frost/Nixon! He was awesome and he must be a great Tony Blair considering them making a sequel of The Queen. I can't wait to watch that..

    You're right.. he definitely versatile. Incredible. One of these days, he'll win an Oscar too, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shem! :) Isn't he great? :) I'd love to watch his other films!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.. maybe have a Michael Sheen marathon one of these days! LOL! I tell you, even the critics thought the only highlight of New Moon is Michael Sheen. and Dakota Fanning. That was it. And I kinda have to agree..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must agree as well, Shem! I was like so amazed with the Volturri scenes and those scenes alone! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he definitely look much better with his hair long, dark and straight. Haha. I watched couple of his movies, not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Haaziq! :) I definitely agree with you! Hence his versatility in terms of talent and looks! He's so easy to transform! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Debbs he is a great actor and like Shemah said he did a good job in Frost Nixon. See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bill! Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)