Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Who is Zoe Saldaña?

Zoe Saldaña or her real name, Zoe Yadira Zaldaña Nazario, is a 31-year old American actress. She is from a Dominican and Puerto Rican descent, and she’s also an experienced dancer.

She started out acting in a small role in Center Stage (2000), Get Over It (2001) with Ben Foster and Kirsten Dunst, and she was also in a movie with Britney Spears in Crossroads (2002).

In 2003, she acted as Anamaria alongside Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. In 2004, she played the role of Officer Torres in The Terminal, alongside Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Zoe Saldaña has acted in numerous minor roles since, which include a role as Angie Jones in Vantage Point in 2008, alongside Dennis Quaid and Forest Whitaker. Then, in 2009, she played Uhura in Star Trek. Zoe Saldaña has just recently been seen playing Neytiri in James Cameron latest film, Avatar (2010), opposite Sam Worthington

She will be seen next in Burning Palms (2010), alongside Dylan McDermott, Shannen Doherty, Paz Vega, Nick Stahl, Lake Bell, Jamie Chung, Robert Hoffman, and Rosamund Pike.

She has also completed filming several movies, namely The Losers (2010) with Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Chris Evans, Takers (2010) with Paul Walker, Hayden Christensen, Matt Dillon, Jay Hernandez, Idris Elba and Chris Brown, and Death at a Funeral (2010) with James Marsden, Martin Lawrence and Luke Wilson.

Zoe Saldaña has been announced to reprise her role as Uhura in Star Trek 2 (2012).

4 comments:

  1. Hola Debbie! :D

    Came over to visit your spanking new blog... congrats ya. Sori it took me a while.. baru baca your comment for my MM post (and replied).

    Cool info... now I know who Zoe Zaldana is... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debbs!! I first saw her in that film where she played a ballet dancer.. Center Stage? yeah.. that's the one. In her few first films, I thought she looked like a younger version of Thandie Newton.

    I liked her in Drumline too!! And The Terminal.. even though it was just a minor role. Actually, going through her list of movies above, I've watched all of them. Even though she gets minor roles, at least she's collaborated with many great actors and she's involved in good films!

    Anyways, I'm a fan and I think she's hot!! Girl crush worthy! LOL! I can't wait to see all her future films!!

    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so beautiful!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great day!

    Take a coffee break...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow she is a very beautiful women Debbs and sounds like a very talented actress. Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)