Friday, September 24, 2010

Fashion Friday #20 - Dress Like Taylor Momsen

As much as I love how cute Taylor Momsen looked when Gossip Girl first started back in 2007, I love her current grungy style.

 Taylor Momsen's sweet early Gossip Girl days

This rocker chic has been seen sporting a lot of black eyeliner and black clothes numerous times, and some may say black is boring, but I beg to differ. I have always been a fan of black clothes, although I currently try to buy and wear other colours as well.

 Taylor Momsen's two different rocker chick looks

The rocker chick look has been around since forever, and we've seen Courtney Love, Avril Lavigne and even Demi Lovato sporting this look. The easiest way to sport a rocker chick look is by wearing faded or torn jeans with a t-shirt of your favourite rock band.

 Taylor Momsen in a long coat (left) and in a black jacket (right)

Wear a jacket if the weather permits, and a pair of dark sunglasses completes your look. You can wear grey with black, or replace black with dark grey for a cool fall look. Tights or leggings are optional, but wearing a plain black pair of leggings will give you a more polished look than wearing leggings with patterns.

 Taylor Momsen on the Gossip Girl set

 Taylor Momsen doing the boho look (left) and in a mini dress on the Gossip Girl set (right)

Taylor Momsen does the boho look quite well. I love her boho look in the pic, and she still manages to look like a rocker chick with her dark aviator sunglasses.

Anyway, I'm not trying to suggest that teens should dress 100 percent like Taylor Momsen because you might end up looking cheap and skanky if it's not done right. However, it'll be cool to sport some of her rocker chick look. Maybe pick up some ideas of what to wear for the upcoming Paramore concert?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)