Thursday, March 3, 2011

Burlesque (2010) Movie Review


I went to the movies with my brother yesterday and watched Burlesque (2010). We have been planning to watch a movie since I came back to my hometown, and since we both love musicals, we decided to watch Burlesque.

I love Christina Aquilera and it's unfortunate that her singing career is almost non-existent. She has great vocals and throughout her performances in the movie, I kept wondering what's going on with her and her life. She needs to pull herself together if she wants to keep what's left of her career. I do think that she looks gorgeous in the movie!

Christina Aguilera as Ali Rose in Burlesque (2010)

Anyway, I love Cher, Stanley Tucci and Cam Gigandet too. They saved the movie. Cher wowed me with her performance of Welcome to Burlesque. I've always loved Tucci, ever since his performance in The Devil Wears Prada (2006) with and Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. Cam Gigandet is super hot!

The movie was entertaining, but it's not something I'd like to watch again, not even if it's showing on tv. My brother enjoyed it as well. However, I couldn't help but think that Burlesque is too close of a reminicense to Coyote Ugly (2000), starring Piper Perabo. Burlesque fares better on IMDB than Coyote Ugly, though.

I'll be watching more movies soon. Watch out for more movie reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)