Friday, October 22, 2010

Fashion Friday #22 - Get Katherine Pierce's Southern Belle Look


Katherine Pierce is a character played by actress Nina Dobrev on CW's The Vampire Diaries. The show is currently at it's second season, and Nina Dobrev's vampire character, Katherine Pierce has been getting a lot of attention.

I know I wrote a post way back in May about Katherine Pierce vs. Elena Gilbert, but I just cannot help it. I particularly love her Southern Belle look. I love the dresses and accessories, and I think Nina Dobrev plays Katherine very well.


Southern Belle dresses are huge and heavy, although nowadays, the dresses may be made with lighter materials so that they're easier to wear. They're available at various costume stores. You can also learn to make your own Southern Belle dress.


Essential accessories for Southern Belle include choker necklaces, mesh gloves, hand fan, and on a sunny day, a wide hat and a parasol. Victorian ankle boots complement the whole look, and typical Southern Belles have long, elaborate curls adorned with flowers, lace, and ribbons. You can get wigs with curls too, if you prefer not to have your hair curled.

Not too late to get this look for Halloween, don't you think?

Image source: The CW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)